Apache: Air Assault is a video game made by Russian development studio Gaijin Entertainment and launched by large publisher Activision for platforms like the PC, PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, on November 16, 2010, as a new type of combat flight simulator, focused, like its name clearly suggests, on helicopters instead of fighter jets like previous titles that are released in the genre.
Apache: Air Assault tasks players with completing various types of missions using a number of different Apache helicopters, including models like the Boeing AH-64D Longbow Apache, Agusta Westland AH Mk 1 Apache or the Northrop Grumman MQ-8B Fire Scout, each with their special characteristics, which can be customized with different decals or control layouts, depending on the preferences of the player, and used to fulfill a variety of missions that take place all over the world.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
- Hotshot (15 points): Kill 10 enemy infantry in FLIR view.
- Touchdown (10 points): Complete a landing on a landing zone in Realistic or Veteran Mode.
- Ripple Effect (15 points): Kill 8 ground units with a Hellfire ripple shot.
- See It, Shoot It (10 points): Enable setting "Control Turret in Zoom" and kill 5 enemy infantry by gun in this mode.
- New Veteran (15 points): Win any mission on Veteran difficulty.
- Squadrowned (10 points): Win one Squad Operations mission in Xbox LIVE Co-op mode.
- What, No Roflcopter? (30 points): Complete free flight on each helicopter.
- Big Brother Is Watching You (10 points): Use satellite view on each location.
- Sticky Trigger Finger (15 points): Using the 30mm cannon, kill 20 enemy infantry without letting go of the trigger.
- Peppy’s Request (15 points): Do a barrel roll.
- Keeping It Real (15 points): Play one mission entirely in cockpit view.