Android 4.3 Update for Samsung Galaxy Note II Leaks Ahead of Official Release
An official ROM is available for flashing right now
We reported several days ago that Samsung might have stopped the rollout of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S III due to lots of issues reported by users.Apparently, there was a high number of Galaxy S III owners who experience lags, freezes and even random reboots since updating to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, which is why it's believed Samsung halted the deployment until all problems are fixed.
This has come at a bad time for Samsung who was on the verge of releasing the same Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Note II.
However, according to the latest hearsay, this might have been delayed until it's thoroughly checked by Samsung's engineers for any issues that might affect Galaxy Note II devices after the update is applied.
Well, it appears that Samsung is still on track for delivering the long-awaited Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Note II, as SamMobile reports it has been able to grab one of the more stable versions of the upgrade and made it available for download.
According to them, this ROM is close to the final version, so while it might have some bugs, it can still be flashed on the Galaxy Note II and used on a daily basis. Check out the complete changelog of the update:
- OpenGL 3.0 support;
- ANT+ support;
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application);
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded;
- Improved RAM management;
- Improved Display color reproduction (display looks much sharper than before);
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (much less launcher redraws and less lag);
- New Samsung Keyboard;
- New Samsung Browser (full screen by default, new tab interface and more);
- New Reading Mode (optimizes display for reading, used by only a few specific applications);
- New Camera firmware;
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc).
For more details on how to download and install this official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note II, check out the original thread.
HOT RIGHT NOW