Softpedia is the first to inform that the Amarok developers unleashed a few minutes ago, December 15th, the final and stable Amarok 2.5 music player and organizer software for Linux OSes.Amarok 2.5.0 is here after few months of hard work, bringing major features, such as a re-written USB Mass Storage, improved iPod support and an integrated Amazon MP3 store, as well as lots of bugfixes and small improvements.
At the moment of writing this there's no official announcement for Amarok 2.5.0, but the source archive is available for download on their FTP website (see download link at the end of the article).
Highlights of Amarok 2.5.0:
· Brand-new USB Mass Storage support using Amarok Collection Scanner;
· Integrated Amazon MP3 store;
· Auto-save playlist functionality;
· Formated strings can now be used for suffix and prefix in Playlist's layout items;
· Better support for iPods;
· Last.fm neighbour/friend avatars are now loaded on demand;
· Shorter and better Internet service descriptions;
· Added Move to Trash and Delete actions to the context menu of the collection browser;
· libmygpo-qt >= 1.0.5 is a new dependency for Amarok;
· Ability to disable or enable browser widget backgrounds;
· Tracks can now be dropped in Saved Playlists' empty area to create a new playlist;
· Added 'create new playlist' action in the empty space of Saved Playlists;
· Podcast subscription synchronization;
· Podcast status synchronization;
· Ability to browse through gpodder.net suggested podcasts;
· Playlist doesn't group nameless albums;
· Ability to make TagGuesser presets;
· The tray tooltip now shows current timestamp;
· BPM is kept during track transfer;
· Better playlist synchronization;
· Tracks are now updated only when needed in the recently played widget;
· Wikipedia Applet fixes;
· Dynamic playlist improvements;
· Bottom toolbars are now aligned;
· Fixed Amarok startup CPU issue;
· Fixed built-in volume control;
· Fixed Amarok startup imported playlists issue;
· Fixed Amarok startup Audio CD detection issue;
· Fixed MusicBrainz search crash;
· Lots of other bugfixes!
The above list of futures is compiled by Softpedia from the changelog available in the source archive of the new Amarok 2.5.0.
Download Amarok 2.5.0 sources right now from Softpedia.