Remedy Entertainment has confirmed that Alan Wake for the PC platform will be released via digital distribution platforms like Steam on February 16, in both a standard and a limited collector’s edition.Alan Wake impressed quite a lot of Xbox 360 owners with its dark atmosphere and clever third person shooter gameplay. Now, Remedy Entertainment is finally getting ready to deploy its story-driven title on the PC platform.
As we heard last month, the game will be released through Valve’s Steam digital distribution platform. Extra details are now available, including a concrete release date of February 16, and two prices, $29.99 (around €22.81) for the regular edition, and $34.99 (€26.62) for a limited collector’s edition.
”We've done our best to do justice to the PC version and do things the way they should be done for PC. The PC version looks absolutely beautiful. We're bringing the game to life in a whole new way,” Remedy Chief Technology Officer Markus Mäki said.
“With our history of PC titles, such as Max Payne, Max Payne 2 and Death Rally, Remedy has always wanted to bring a PC version of Alan Wake to the gamers' fingertips. Now we can!”
The Finnish studio also highlighted some of the key features in Alan Wake’s PC edition through the list below.
- Experience Alan Wake's Pacific Northwest in higher resolutions and higher fidelity than ever before
- Fully configurable mouse and keyboard support (or if you prefer to play with the Microsoft gamepad connected to your PC, you can do that too!)
- A wide selection of customizable graphics settings and support for 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios
- Multithreaded engine that takes advantage of quad core CPUs
- Additional features our fans have sought after, such as field of view adjustment as well as "hide HUD".
- Works with AMD Eyefinity 3D 3-screen mode
- Works with NVIDIA NVISION2 Stereoscopic 3D
Don’t forget that the PC edition of Alan Wake also includes the two downloadable add-ons, The Writer and The Signal, which arrived on the Xbox 360 last year.
You can expect a few more details to appear until the release of the game.