Adobe Labs announced last evening, July 13th, the immediate availability for download of the first Beta release of the upcoming Adobe Flash Player 11 for Linux, Windows and Machintosh platforms, now with native support for 64-bit Linux operating systems.Our prayers have come to an end, as Adobe has finally released a few hours ago a new Adobe Flash Player 11, which includes native 64-bit support for Linux.
Adobe Flash Player 11 Beta drives innovation for amazing, breathtaking digital experiences with brand-new features, including Stage 3D, HD surround sound, H.264/AVC software encoding and 64-bit support.
Highlights of Adobe Flash Player 11 Beta 1:
· 64-bit support for Linux operating systems and browsers (Mac OS X and Windows are also supported);
· Linux Vector Printing support to print crisp and rich images on Linux;
· Asynchronous Bitmap Decoding;
· HD surround sound support to deliver full High-Definition videos with 7.1 channels surround sound, directly to TVs powered by AIR;
· Stage 3D Accelerated Graphics Rendering;
· G.711 audio compression for telephony (can be used to integrate telephony/voice into business applications using the G.711 codec;
· H.264/AVC Software Encoding for webcams, to locally encode higher quality video using the H.264 codec;
· Socket Progress Events (designed to build advanced file sharing programs, such as FTP clients that send huge amounts of data);
· Cubic Bezier Curves support to create cubic Beziers;
· Garbage Collection Advice;
· Socket Progress Events;
· Secure Random Number Generator;
· TLS Secure Sockets Support;
· JPEG-XR support;
· Enhanced high resolution bitmap support;
· High efficiency SWF compression support.
The following official minimum hardware components are required for Linux users: 2.33 Ghz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom 1.6GHz or faster CPU for netbooks, 512MB of RAM, and 128MB of graphics memory. Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and above, and Google Chrome web browsers are also officially supported.
Download Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168 Beta 1 64-bit Linux systems right now from Softpedia.
Download Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124 Beta 1 32-bit Linux systems right now from Softpedia.