Just two days before the debut of the 2008 Beijing Olympics Games, AT&T, the leading North American mobile carrier and one of US Olympic Team's official partners, has announced the release of its Team USA Soundtrack.
The Olympic soundtrack was produced by AT&T in collaboration with lots of famous musicians and it's a compilation of pop, rock, rap, R&B and country music. The compilation will become available for download starting with the same day when the Olympic Games begin (August 8).
The songs included in the AT&T Team USA Soundtrack are:
- "Champion" by Queen Latifah;
- "Real" by Goo Goo Dolls;
- "The Champion in Me" by 3 Doors Down;
- "So Glad We Made It" by Sheryl Crow;
- "Lift Me Up" by Kate Voegele;
- "Warrior" (Team USA edition) by Nelly;
- "I Was Here" by Lady Antebellum;
- "Incredible" (acoustic) by Clique Girlz;
- "Somethin' Special" by Colbie Caillat;
- "Champion" by Flipsyde;
- "Perfect" (acoustic) by Army of Me;
- "To Remember" by Josh Kelley;
- "Change" by Taylor Swift,
- "Rise" by Mere;
- "Dreamer" by Chris Brown;
- and the exclusive "No Me Doy Por Vencido" by Luis Fonsi.
These tracks will be available for 99 cents each, via iTunes or from AT&T's special Soundtrack website, found at this address
. Users will also be able to download songs directly on their AT&T handsets, for $1.99 per track. Moreover, ringtones and answer tones will be sold via the AT&T MEdia Mall portal. Parts of the revenues generated by all the downloads will be used in helping the US Olympic Team.
"We couldn't be more excited about our artist lineup and what they're doing to help support Team USA and these athletes. The way these artists came together to produce the AT&T Team USA Soundtrack really represents the true spirit of the Olympic Games. One of our main Team USA sponsorship goals is to connect fans to these amazing athletes and generate excitement for them as they compete at the Olympic Games. The AT&T Team USA Soundtrack is a great way to make this connection," declared Jamie Butcher, vice president of AT&T Brand Sponsorships.