AMD Responds to Nvidia Linux Driver with the New Catalyst 13.3 Beta 3
The latest version of this driver can be downloaded from Softpedia
AMD has released a major driver update for its current product line, integrating a lot of fixes for Team Fortress 2 and other major titles.This AMD Beta driver arrives shortly after Nvidia launched a huge update. It could be just a coincidence, but the AMD driver also has a generous changelog.
The AMD Catalyst 13.3 Beta Driver for Linux is designed to be compatible with a lot of AMD products, and the developers have provided a comprehensive list of graphic cards.
The following distributions are officially supported: Red Hat Enterprise Linux suite 6.2 and 6.3, SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP4 and 11 SP2, OpenSUSE 11.4 and 12.1, and Ubuntu 12.10.
Also, the AMD Catalyst Linux software suite has a few system requirements that have to be met: Xorg/Xserver 7.4 and above (up to 1.13), Linux kernel 2.6 or above (up to 3.5), glibc version 2.2 or 2.3, and POSIX Shared Memory (/dev/shm) support.
Highlights of AMD Catalyst 13.3 Beta 3 Driver:
• The color of the Objects is no longer turning into red (Serious Sam 3);
• A black screen issue in Team Fortress 2 that would occur when the game started under a Cinnamon desktop environment has been fixed;
• Changing settings in Team Fortress 2 without restarting no longer reduces FPS down to 20s/30s;
• An Xserver starting failure that occurred after switching to Power-Saving mode on PowerXpress A+I platform in Ubuntu 12.10, has been fixed;
• The System can now switch to Power-Saving mode, on some HP PowerXpress A+I platforms;
• A startx failure in Power-Saving mode on the PowerXpress A+I platform has been fixed.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download AMD Catalyst 13.3 Beta 3 Driver right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.
HOT RIGHT NOW