An 8-week-old kitten named Socks recently found himself in dire need of medical help after eating a whole mouse and almost choking to death on its tail.
Apparently, Socks firmly believes that chewing is highly overrated, hence his swallowing the rodent whole. Luckily for the kitten, his owner noticed that something was off and rushed him to a veterinarian.
After X-raying the cat, the doctor discovered what the problem was and eventually managed to remove the mouse's tail from the kitten's throat.
“He woke up from his anesthetic and went home that evening absolutely fine and off to cause more trouble. It was a strange one - not something I have had to deal with before. He is certainly an ambitious cat, I have no idea how he managed to get the mouse down his throat,” the veterinarian later told members of the press.