FreeOrion, a free, open source, turn-based space empire and galactic conquest (4X) computer game being designed and built by the FreeOrion project, has reached version 0.4.2.According to its developers, FreeOrion is far from being a complete game and it still requires a great deal of new features.
Highlights of FreeOrion 0.4.2:
• The AI has been improved and it's no longer “cheating”;
• Many GUI enhancements and shortcuts have been implemented;
• Galactopedia has been expanded with game mechanics articles and lots of cross-links;
• Batch production of ships is now possible;
• Sitrep notifications have been improved;
• Stealth and detection have been improved;
• Almost everything has been enhanced, reworked, and better balanced.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and new features. Keep in mind that this is a development version, so you will most likely encounter bugs.
Download FreeOrion 0.4.2 right now from Softpedia.