0 A.D., a free, open-source, cross-platform real-time strategy (RTS) game of ancient warfare with historically-based war/economy, that allows players to relive or rewrite the history of Western civilizations, is now at version Alpha 11.
The latest version of 0 A.D, Alpha 11, has been dubbed Kronos and comes with the new Celtic faction, graphical improvements, working gates, a new and better sound system, and an improved AI.
Highlights of 0 A.D Alpha 11:
• Britons and Gauls will now replace the generic Celtic faction;
• Two AI script, qBot and Marilyn, have been combined in order to make the Aegis Bot, the toughest AI implemented to date in 0 A.D;
• Wall segments of certain widths can be converted into gates;
• A new sound framework that will allow new sound features has been implemented;
• Users can now see whatever parts of the map the player’s allies have explored and vice versa.
A complete list of changes is available in the official announcement
Download 0 A.D Alpha 11
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is an alpha release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.